Tuesday

We Are Branson, We Are One




While I would rather spend this evening staring at my mother, longing for her love and affection, I felt tonight I should clarify my compassion and interest in the WORD of Branson--if such clarification is even needed. When in 1970 one man suggested that power is not vested in the author, but rather in the readers of "the text" and more recently a man reminded us that his presidential election was not about "him" per se, but about "us," we were then, and now, forced to face the mirror and recognize that the effects of a bold actor do not "trickle down" but rather that they are manifestations of our longings, meanings, and wants. Hence our interest in a man who went from rags to riches, as profiled in his autobiography "Losing My Virginity"-- born under the sun sign of Cancer, yet another handicap in the scheme of this mad universe that's worth mentioning -- a man who has come to fully reflect the TRUE power of modern Capitalism. I say, there is something worth honoring, with knee bent, the full potential of this "actor" whose being makes complete, profound sense.

No comments:

Followers